This position will lead efforts to research, identify, cultivate and steward relationships leading to investment in ECHO. The Director of Development will work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Finance and CEO, other members of the leadership
team, the Board of Directors and program staff to raise ECHO’s visibility in the community and to expand our fundraising capacity. The successful candidate is a seasoned development professional with strong fundraising skills and has demonstrated experience
in building long-term and strategic relationships. This is a new position at ECHO so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to mold the newly created fundraising department.
The Director of Development is evaluated by and reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance.
Education and Experience
At least two years’ experience in a fundraising capacity involving major donors; education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Develop and execute ECHO’s annual fundraising plan
- Build and implement new processes to execute a comprehensive and fully integrated development program with a focus on increasing sustainable giving, major gifts, planned giving and corporate partnerships
- Create a major gifts program including identifying, cultivating and solicitation of major donors
- Build a donor retention program for current and future ECHO donors
- Manage a portfolio of top donors and prospects
- Create and build a planned giving program
- Develop and execute measurable strategies to grow the donor pipeline
- Knowledge of untraditional giving methods
- Past experience and knowledge of using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Lead special events that involve fundraising
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A track record of successfully securing major gifts and deferred gifts from donors
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Utilizes a strategic approach to fundraising and possess a strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and knowledge of emerging technology fundraising applications
- The ability to achieve results, manage multiple tasks and adhere to tight deadlines
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a primarily office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, type, sit, open and close filing
cabinets, push a wheelchair and rider, and lift up to 20lbs.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work required are 8 per day—Monday through Friday. Evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Local travel is required, to include visits to current and prospective donors, to fundraising events, and to other networking events. Fingerprinting and taking a drug and alcohol tests off-site at hire is required. Additionally, random drug tests could potentially
require a repeat off-site drug test one or more times throughout length of employment. Travel may also be required to attend occasional off-site trainings and conferences.
- Bachelor degree or any combination of education/experience equivalent
- Considerable administrative experience
Apply ONLINE ONLY
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
PLEASE, no phone calls
Status / FLSA Classification
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of drug/alcohol screening, criminal background check, and education, employment, and references checks. ECHO is a drug free workplace.
ECHO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information & testing, marital status, military status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
ECHO is a member of the DHS e-Verify program.