HR Assistant / WISA
Director of Human Resources / Sr. Director of Operations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, provide HR generalist duties including employee relations, recruiting, benefits administration, and HRIS administration.
Work Incentives Specialist Advocates (WISA’s)
Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Operations, responsible for becoming certified and providing work incentives counseling services to DARS clients who are receiving Social Security Disability
(SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Although clients working with DARS on job placement have a desire to return to work, fear surrounding what will happen to their benefits and health insurance when they return to work serves as one
of the biggest barriers to achieving that goal.”*
HR Assistant - Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Answering employee questions
- Processing incoming mail
- Creating and distributing documents
- Providing customer service to organization employees
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Overseeing the completion of benefit documentation
- Assist with orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
You must become WISA certified. ECHO will pay for certification with an agreement to refund prorated amount if you leave before 2 years of employment.
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
Assists individuals with disabilities, including those with chronic conditions/illnesses, to acquire income, health insurance, and other basic needs to stabilize their lives, health and living situations. Job responsibilities include providing Social Security
Administration (SSA) disability program eligibility screening and disability application assistance.
- Learn and interpret Social Security Administration (SSA) policies and procedures relating to disability program eligibility.
- Understand Work Incentives program rules and practices.
- Conduct pre-screening activities on SSA disability program eligibility. Assist individuals with disabilities, including those with chronic conditions/illnesses, via face to face meetings, electronic communication and telephone to develop and file an electronic
SSA disability benefits’ application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and monitor the status of submitted applications.
- Conduct ongoing outreach and communication with SSA, medical providers, social workers, legal representatives, community-based organizations and individuals eligible for services.
- Organize medical evidence and write medical summary reports as part of the SSA disability benefits application for SSI and SSDI.
- Learn and cooperate with local department of human services staff.
- Complete electronic data reporting consistent with Federal Supplemental Security Income Application Assistance Program reporting requirements and evaluation.
- Remain up to date on SSA eligibility policies and procedures and Medicaid-related eligibility requirements.
- Able to arrange transportation and travel independently including the ability to travel freely throughout the county service area.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
This job operates in a primarily office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, type, sit, open and close filing
cabinets, push a wheelchair and rider, and lift up to 50lbs.
Moderate to high stress.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work required are 8 per day—Monday through Friday. Evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required, to include visits to enclave site locations as needed. Fingerprinting and taking a drug and alcohol tests off-site at hire is required. Additionally, random drug tests could potentially require a repeat off-site drug test one or more times
throughout the length of employment. Travel may also be required to attend off-site training and conferences.
- Bachelor degree or any combination of education/experience equivalent
- Benefits Administration
- Experience working with people with disability
- Knowledge of public benefits rules and regulations
- Experience with service coordination
- Knowledge of medical and psychological aspects of disability
- Experience with SSA disability program requirements and successful application submitting
- Experience with SSA disability program applications (personal or helping others)
Apply ONLINE ONLY
PLEASE, no phone calls
Status / FLSA Classification
Full-time / Exempt
$45,000 plus bonuses
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of drug/alcohol screening, criminal background check, and education, employment, and references checks. ECHO is a drug free workplace.
Every Citizen Has Opportunities (ECHO) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information & testing, marital status, military status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
ECHO is a member of the DHS e-Verify program.